Key takeaways from this article:
• Investing in flame-resistant (FR) clothing is crucial to safety and compliance in high-risk industries.
• While cost might be a consideration, focusing solely on price can compromise quality, safety, and innovation in FR gear.
• Low-cost FR clothing often needs better quality and durability, leading to higher long-term costs due to replacements.
• A transactional relationship based only on price fails to build a beneficial customer-supplier bond, potentially affecting future business.
• The danger of choosing FR clothing based solely on price becomes evident during a safety incident, as this could expose where quality was compromised.
The investment you make in your FR sends an important message about safety and compliance to your team. In the long run, high quality FR is a more economical choice and saves you the time of replacing lower-cost products. Bulwark’s FR safety expert Derek Sang explains why pricing is an important factor in your FR selection process.