Chemical testing methodology for Bulwark CP’s Swatch Kit
The swatch kit is a unique tool that allows you to test the chemicals used in your lab against Bulwark CP and FR/CP fabric. Our groundbreaking lab coats help protect against burn injuries caused by inadvertent chemical splashes by repelling small amounts of liquid chemicals. We’ve tested it against many common chemicals, but since they vary from lab to lab, we highly encourage you to run a test using the chemicals specific to your lab.
Your safety is our number one priority, so remember to exercise caution and be sure you’re wearing proper PPE when performing the test.
Here's how it's done:
1. Place two or more test specimens flat on a smooth, horizontal surface.
2. Carefully place a small drop (approx. 5 mm in diameter) on the test specimen, in three locations along the width of the fabric, approx. 1 1/2 inches apart.
3. The dropper tip should be held at a height of approx. 1/4 in from the fabric surface. (DO NOT TOUCH THE FABRIC WITH THE DROPPER TIP).
4. Observe the drops for 10 seconds.
5. Compare the drops to the AATCC 193 Visual Rating Guide below. We consider an A or B rating as passing.