Key takeaways from this article:
• FR safety expert, Derek Sang, suggests layering light FR garments to maintain coolness and compliance in hot weather.
• Modern FR clothing has dramatically improved in terms of lightness and comfortability.
• Layering two light FR garments provides more protection than one heavier garment and aids in the body's natural cooling process.
• Layering assists in moisture absorption and transfer, keeping the wearer dry and comfortable.
• Layering may increase compliance as it makes the FR garments more comfortable.
Our FR safety expert Derek Sang explains how layering when it’s hot can help wearers stay cool and compliant. With light layers, you can mimic your body’s natural cooling process and maintain your safety. Learn more about the various reasons why layering can be an effective way to beat the heat while following FR guidelines.